Friday, February 12, 2016

2016 February 12ᵗʰ. Free!

おはよう!

Ah. Ha ha. I did not have this in mind back in October. Free!, of all things.
Though by this point I think my mind's already as shattered as Link's personalities, so nothing makes sense anymore.
On another note, I've been starting way too many sentences with the word "So" recently. I think I've been cursed.


今日

So!
...Dang it
Today's anime is the oh-so-popular and not-at-all controversial Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, (as the first season is known). Watching this, I felt all sorts of perplexed. But let's not get into that; the anime seemed okay. From the first episode, all I can really say is that further testing is necessary. (Well, all I can say besides the rest of this). Rin, the purple-haired boy you see in the .gif yonder seems to be quite the dynamic character so far, leaving the largest gap between his childhood and the present. Presumably, further on in the anime, we'll learn all about his four-or-so years of sexual abuse by his Australian swim coach. I can't wait~!
Er, on another, more technical note, this show has nice graphics. And I don't just mean nice 'views,' (if you're into that), the show actually has a nice mix of good animation and the occasional computer-generated bit. It invoked intense feelings best described, ironically, as 'Not bad.' Honestly, it's 4:30 AM early on a Friday as I write this and I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore. I'm just going to end this here.
If you want to see this show, (I liked it oωo) here's the--
WAIT A MINUTE
I just... I entirely forgot to mention at all what this anime was about. Here's the rundown:
Some child swimming-prodigy, Nanase, seems to have a rivalry brewing with his friend and former grade school swimming-clubmate, Rin. Some neat stuff occurs and the entirety of Nanase and Rin's old club happens to meet up in a new, fancy highschool. about four years later. Fanservice-y shenanigans ensue. ...And swimming. Mostly swimming.

SO!
...Dang it
If you've any desire to see something that sounds even remotely like that, then here's the link on Crunchyroll.
Remember, the first season is Iwatobi Swim Club, at the bottom of the page on Crunchyroll. The second is called Eternal Summer. That being said, here's the link on Kissanime, and here on Animehaven. Have fun!

Postscript: Animehaven has started to use pop-up ads that open in new windows when you first get on the site, and I am just about ready to rip the [ᴇxᴘʟᴇᴛɪᴠᴇ] off of whoever originally thought that would be a good idea as an advertising mechanism.
...Now have a good day. See ya'.

No comments :

Post a Comment