Friday, January 29, 2016

2016 January 29ᵗʰ. Log Horizon!

おはよう!

Oh gosh, I'm getting anxious over the next post. Please, no one spoil Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? for me ;_;


I'm on to you...


今日

So-ho-ho, Log Horizon. Or, uhm, Rogu Horaizun as the katakana would have it.
The most recognizable thing about this anime to most people would be that it has clearly taken inspiration from .hack, the same source as the wildly popular Sword Art Online.
.hack//G.U. Dang, I loved that game.
I think you can clearly see that I know nigh nothing about this anime—seeing as how I almost typed that it was secondary inspiration for SAO, despite apparently having been released two years after the aforementioned subject of this post. (Thanks, Wikipedia, for your fact-checking glory.)
SO, INTO THE CONTENT.
    The first thing I am greeted by as I pop into the first episode of this anime is, you guessed it, demon weasels.
Why is it always demon weasels?
Well, really Briar Weasels as they call them. But still, ankle-nibbling little devils—what I call them.
After this, we get to see some nice introduction into what the h*ll is actually going on in this place filled with evil plants and magical balls:
Shockingly, the wonderful game the loved and played and loved to play seems to have captured all of its online players within itself. Who ever could have predicted such a thing.
Anyways, the usual happens; alliances form, cute lolis are met, and someone ends up going through a painful physical metamorphosis. Just like every Wednesday.
After that, however, something quite interesting is revealed: Their prison, the game Elder Tale, is mapped onto the real shape of the Japanese archipelago.

All in all, as I tire from writing, I would watch more. If you watched SAO and hated all the love and peace nonsense, this seems to be a good anime for you, too. Thumbs up. *Ding*
So, if you plan on giving it a try, here is the link on Crunchyroll.
Here are the links on the aptly named LogHorizonEpisodes(.com), and on Kissanime.
Happy leveling!

No comments :

Post a Comment