Friday, September 18, 2015

2015 September 18ᵗʰ. Chaika –The Coffin Princess–

おはよう!

Joy-filled dawn, (noon, or dusk), everyone!
This day will have the second evaluation of an anime. How wonderfully consistent!

今日


 Today, I will be evilly cackling at calmly evaluating an anime called Hitsugi no Chaika; translated most commonly as Chaika, the Coffin Princess.Hitsugi no Chaika is based off of a manga, that was based off of a light novel, that was in turn based on Ichirō Sakaki's imagination, which was based off of his brain chemistry, which was based off of his genetic makeup, which...
*Three hours later*
...But that's besides the point.
 This anime has a lot of magic! It has so much magic in fact, that the entire plot revolves around finding magical items of great power (though not in the way you'd think!)
However, I love this anime mostly because of its characters.
Delicious fish.
They are quite strange, but that makes them very unique! I can honestly say I've never seen a character quite so bizarre as Frederica (above), or as silly as Chaika herself.

I would like the chance to play poker with her.
 But wait, did I mention there is also a cat?
I agree, Chaika. I agree.

 That's right. Now go. Watch it. You know you want to.

 I liked this anime quite a bit. It was fun to watch, and I've not even had the time to watch its second season! I'm looking forward to watching it soon, though. But, alas, now you try.
Link to Chaika the Coffin Princess on Crunchyroll
Links on Kissanime, and Animehaven.


I could not legally show a page of the manga on here, but I have heard great things of its artwork! Should you wish, you can buy it on Amazon.
To make up for no manga page, here's the chibi-versions of some of the characters!


No comments :

Post a Comment