Friday, November 6, 2015

2015 November 6ᵗʰ. Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon!

おはよう!

Hello again, we're back this time for another installment of Impressions With NnoAnime! Woohoo!
I like this post type. How about you?

今日

    Today, the anime I've watched for you strange, strange people is "Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon."
This is, as the extent of my research has shown, an anime based on a light novel. The anime came out just this October (2015), and has not yet even finished its first season at this point.
The general reaction to this show has been mixed, because of its copious amounts of fanservice.
This is the inquisition!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition.
Moving on to how I felt about it, it was quite, quite alright. Of course, there was quite a bit of fanservice (which did get old), but in general the show was quite humorous—both on purpose and sometimes as an unintentional byproduct of its absurdity. And of course, again, it has combat.
Not only combat, but the best kind of combat.
Sword combat.
...Kind of
As of the first episode, the (seemingly) main character does not get to strike at any being with his sword, although he does end up slicing through several bullets in self-defence. And it is totally awe-inspiring.
The man with the gleaming blade.
Another thing I quite like about this anime is its protagonist, as he is not dissimilar to me; a sword-wielding long-haired innocent.
…Although that last point could be challenged.
Just a bit longer, darker hair, and voila!
One thing I expect may happen, from my limited viewing of this anime, is that Ōtori may end up having a dramatic internal struggle regarding her platoon by the end of the season. Anyhow, the show should be formidable to all of its viewers (as long as you are sufficiently mature).
It's got action, humour, fanservice (if you're into that sort of thing), and fabulous, fabulous characters.
I hereby formally, aggressively suggest that you take this show onto your list of anime to watch at some point. It is alright with me.
And so, you can find the show here, on Crunchyroll.
You can also find it here, on Animehaven; and here, on Kissanime.
Remember the fabulous characters I had mentioned earlier?
Well, did I lie?

No comments :

Post a Comment