Friday, May 13, 2016

2016 May 13ᵗʰ. A Treatise on Enjoyment!

おはよう!

Hello everyone. There'll be no post over anime today, but cynical observations abound!
*Sigh*


今日


   So I was wondering;
Why is it, that all things we humans want to do, when obligated to do them, lose their enjoyment?
   There is an old saying: "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." I disagree. I say, if you choose a job you love, you'll lose a beloved hobby in your life. Whatever you chose it for, it will be beaten out of you day after day, being forced to do such a thing.
   As an example, take YouTubers. Of course there are many people who love to make YouTube videos. There is also a significantly sized handful of people who make a living solely off of YouTube. These two groups don't always overlap.
For the people who earn as much as any other dead-end job doing it, they're generally much more straight about how they begin to hate it. That is, people like Pewdiepie would not be in good judgment to reveal that based on the massive amount of money people throw at him. But, for the other people, a surprisingly large amount of people quit YouTube after a year or so of working it. To pick out a microcosm, 'Minecraft' videomakers have all but disappeared, despite being quite a lucrative market (so to speak).
   What I'm trying to say is that as long as I've had this blog, watching anime has felt no more than a chore to me. A terrible feeling, really. I still love anime, and find it cool, (heck, I even bought a recreation of Hei's mask a few weeks ago), but I've not found the willpower to go out and enjoy myself with it. And that is why I am truly looking forward to this project coming to an end.
   To everyone out there:
Choose a job you have no strong feelings for, so you lose nothing important.

For all of you who'd like to watch some anime, myself not included, here's a link to Crunchyroll.
Here's one to Kissanime, and here, Gogoanime.

And, as a bonus, if you'd like to see a YouTuber who doesn't loathe his job to the core, check out the channel of my brother, Dslyecxi!

No comments :

Post a Comment